Workshops for ERC applicants in the calendar year 2024
Workshops organised by Technology Centre Prague and Expert Group for supporting ERC applicants will undergo several changes in 2024 that we wish to make the academic community in the Czech Republic aware of in advance.
While the structure and the content of the workshops will not be significantly altered, there will be several important changes in the admission process to the workshops.
- Due to its limited capacity, the Expert Group for supporting ERC applicants will now focus solely on the younger generation of scientists. Thus, only ERC Starting and ERC Consolidator grant applicants will be eligible for participation in the workshops. Exceptionally, also ERC Synergy grant applicants will be admitted, provided their professional age (i.e. the period since the
PhD defence) falls within the two categories specified above.
- The admission will be based on a „first come, first served“ basis. For this reason, we are asking applicants to prepare the requested materials as early as possible. Registration will open on
11 March 2024 at 12:00 (noon). The final deadline for registration and sending supporting documentation will be on 14 April 2024. In case the capacity (incl. the reserve list) is reached before 14 April 2024, registration will be closed earlier.
As in previous years, to participate, applicants will be required to fill in an online registration form, and, subsequently, send by e-mail the project title and abstract as well as the applicant’s CV and track record in the form and length according to the ERC Work Programme 2024.
To be admitted, the date and time of delivery of complete materials will be decisive.
The workshops will be held according to a standard schedule in May, June and September 2024.
The first workshop will take place on:
- 15 May 2024 – Life Sciences (LS)
- 16 May 2024 – Physical Sciences and Engineering (PE)
- 17 May 2024 – Social Sciences and Humanities (SH)
All workshops will be organised in English via MS Teams.
Detailed instructions for applicants interested in participation in the workshops are attached.